ADVERTISING REQUIREMENTS – TEXT MESSAGE MARKETING
The carriers have stepped up enforcement of the rules and regulations contained within the Mobile Marketing Association U.S. Consumer Best Practices guidelines.
It is very important that all of your advertising adhere to the guidelines as established by the MMA.
To summarize, here are the advertising requirements. We urge you to closely read the Guidelines of the Mobile Marketing Association and consult.
- Msg&Data Rates May Apply (included in the advertisement)
- A resource where subscribers can reference all Terms and Conditions (Usually this is a link to another page on your website.)
- If the program is recurring, instructions on cancelling or opting-out of the service (Text STOP to stop.)
TELEVISION, RADIO, AUDIO
- “Message & Data Rates May Apply” must be said immediately after the text message instructions.
- Msg&Data Rates May Apply (included in all internet advertising)
- A resource where subscribers can reference all Terms and Conditions (Usually a link to another page on your website where the Terms and Conditions can be found.)
- The frequency of the messaging (included in advertising)
- Text HELP for help (include in advertising)
- If the program is recurring, instructions on cancelling or opting-out of the service. (Text STOP to stop.)
Here is a sample of what we believe to be a web advertisement that meets all of the general guidelines.
Text RESULTS To 84444
Msg&Data Rates Apply
Text HELP to 84444 for help. Text STOP to 84444 to stop.
Complete Terms & Conditions here.
Terms & Conditions:
Advertiser will never, under any circumstances, sell or distribute your cell phone number to third parties or Advertiser clients for whom you have not approved.
Advertiser will never directly market to you any services for which you have not opted in, either by cell phone, text message, or email.
Advertiser will never distribute any personal information about you, including your phone number, name, billing information, or any other piece of identifying information.
This service is an opt-in based marketing solution. If you opt-in, you will not receive more than 4 messages per month. Text STOP to 84444 to opt out at any time.
This is not to be taken as legal advice, as we are not qualified attorneys. Please consult with your own qualified attorney and follow theConsumer Best Practices Guidelines of the Mobile Marketing Association.