Posts Tagged ‘2012’
US Wireless Subscriber Connections Have Now Reach 104.7%.
That’s more than 1 per person, thus exceeding the USA population, according to research released by CTIA. There are now a total of 331.6 million mobile phones in the USA.
Total use of text messaging increased by 12% over the previous year.
Other highlights of the report are:
- Wireless network data traffic more than doubled in the past year going from 866.7 billion megabytes (+ 123% over the previous year).
- Active smartphones and wireless-enabled PDAs: 111.5 million (+43%).
- Wireless-enabled tablets, laptops and modems: 20.2 million; Dec. 2010: 13.6 million (+49%).
- Minutes of Use (MOU): 2.296 trillion (+2%)
- SMS sent and received: 2.304 trillion 2010: 2.052 trillion (+12%).
- MMS sent and received: 52.8 billion. Surprisingly down from 56 billion the year before.
- Average local monthly wireless bill (includes voice and data service): $47.00 which is down 21 cents from last year.