Posts Tagged ‘use’
If you are an iPhone user, you likely spend more time on your mobile phone than your friend who is an Android user.
There was a slight increase in the number of Americans that use text messaging over the past quarter, according to a study by ComScore.
Mobile Content Usage
In November, 2012, 75.9 % of U.S. mobile subscribers used text messaging on their mobile device (up 0.3 percentage points). Downloaded applications were used by 54.2 percent of subscribers (up 0.8 percentage points), while browsers were used by 52.1 percent (up 0.1 percentage points).
US Wireless subscriber connections have now reached 104.7%. That’s more than 1 per person, thus exceeding the USA population, according to research released by CTIA. There are now a total of 331.6 million mobile phones in the USA.
Total use of text messaging increased by 12% over the previous year.
Other highlights of the report are:
- Wireless network data traffic more than doubled in the past year going from 866.7 billion megabytes (+ 123% over the previous year).
- Active smartphones and wireless-enabled PDAs: 111.5 million (+43%).
- Wireless-enabled tablets, laptops and modems: 20.2 million; Dec. 2010: 13.6 million (+49%).
- Minutes of Use (MOU): 2.296 trillion (+2%)
- SMS sent and received: 2.304 trillion 2010: 2.052 trillion (+12%).
- MMS sent and received: 52.8 billion. Surprisingly down from 56 billion the year before.
- Average local monthly wireless bill (includes voice and data service): $47.00 which is down 21 cents from last year.
69.4% of Canadians use text message marketing, according to a study by ComScore. Canadians use text messaging slightly less than those in the States and considerably less than those in the European Union 5 countries.
Advanced Telecom Services is now operating its text message marketing solution in Canada under 84444.ca.
Mobile coupons have become a far more important way to reach retail shoppers than ever before and the results are starting to pay off.
According to Insight Express, 10% of all consumers admitted to having gone to a retail store due to receiving a mobile coupon. Of young adults 18-34, 20% said they had gone to a retail store due to having received a mobile coupon or other mobile offer.
Here’s how consumers wish to receive your mobile coupons?